About Our Club
About the Veterans Golf Club of Southern Oregon
We Are A Non-Profit Organization:
The Veterans Golf Club of Southern Oregon is a non-profit corporation dedicated in supporting our Veterans and introduce them to the benefits of golf in a positive, therapeutic, and accepting social environment. The Veterans Golf Club of Southern Oregon hosts tournaments at various golf courses throughout the Rogue Valley and offer golf lessons and clinics to our veterans, with proceeds helping to accomplish their mission.
- For over 10 years members have volunteered to operate and help maintain the Veteran Memorial Golf Course located at the Veterans Administration Facility in White City, This facility has been the main resource for in-patients to enjoy the game of golf.
- Volunteers decided to organize The Veterans Golf Club of Southern Oregon in October 2015
- With the closure of the Veteran Memorial Golf Course, 1 November 2017, this valuable resource is no longer available.
- Now, the golfing experience previously enjoyed by the in-patients lands solely on the Veteran’s Golf Club of Southern Oregon. We do not intend to let them down.
- Coordinate with the VA Facility in White City for in-patient participation to enable veterans to rehabilitate themselves both physically and emotionally, so they can enjoy the benefits of golf in a positive, therapeutic and accepting social environment
- Provide and support Quail Point Golf Course, our new local home golf course
- Provide golf tournaments, open to all members and guests
- Allow Club Members and area veterans/families to compete, socialize and remain physically active through the game of golf
- Reinforce values like integrity, respect and perseverance through the game of golf
- Help veterans and their family members increase the amount of quality time spent together, and be more physically active.